- How can I grow as a Christian?
- How is God calling me to serve Him and others?
- How can I get to know others at St. John’s?
- How can I serve God and others outside of St John’s?
Have you thought:
- St. John’s is a large congregation, yet I feel alone.
- I wish I had a closer relationship with members of St. John’s.
- I would like to find opportunities to serve God meaningfully.
- I would like to know the Bible better.
- I would like to see St. John’s reach out effectively to people in the community who have had no contact with a congregation.
If you have, then there is hope.
ChristCare groups are gatherings of 5 to 12 people that meet to focus on four activities:
- Community Building and Care in which group members care for and support one another through the regular ups and downs of everyday life.
- Biblical Equipping is a life-transforming process in which ChristCare group members follow an 8-step cycle of hearing, discussing, reflecting upon, and living the Scriptures, not only when they are together as a group, but between group meetings.
- Prayer and Worship by which the group worships God and group members grow in their ability to pray with and for one another.
- Missional Service by which the group reaches out with Christ’s love to meet the needs of people outside the group.
There are 6 ChristCare groups meeting at St. John’s and in people’s homes.
Please consider joining a ChristCare group. Call the church office at (845) 452-1550 and ask for Jeanne Jones. She would be glad to tell you more, give you a listing of when groups meet, and personally connect you with the group leaders. If you can’t join now we would be grateful if you kept the ChristCare ministry in your prayers.